July 2015 – June 2016 Year In Review
- Foundation Broken Hill move to new premises at 242 Blende St
- NAIDOC Celebrations in Sturt Park…Granted $2,000
- Broken Hill Volunteering Awards Dinner…Sponsorship $1,500
- Foundation Broken Hill takes on the Naming Rights for the 2015 Business Awards
- Willyama High School – Science and Engineering Challenge…Financial Support of $1,000
- Board Meeting held 10 August
- Peter Keenan signs up to become a Foundation Ambassador
- The Foundation Boardroom and facilities are opened to the community for hire
- Manager, Kimberley Fell invited to join the Broken Hill City Council – Volunteer Working Group
- Teleconference held 17 September
- Foundation Directors take part in the consultation process with Crown Lands and other key stakeholders with regards to the Line of Lode precinct
- Broken Heel Festival organisers present to the Board with the aim of Foundation sponsoring the event in 2016
- Teleconference held 20 October
- New florist business – Botanica seeks assistance from the Foundation for start up expenses.
- Broken Hill High School Senior Support Unit is granted funds for its Sydney Excursion…Grant $500
- Foundation Broken Hill Face Book page launched.
- Teleconference held 10 November
- AGM held 28 November where all current Directors are re-elected to the Board
- Board meeting held 28 November
- Board Succession Planning strategy discussed
- Foundation Broken Hill contributes statistics on business grants and business sustainability to RDA Far West for their quarterly economic update
- Teleconference held 15 December
- Sponsorship given to White Cliffs Music Festival for the fourth consecutive year…Grant $1,750
- New business Outback Pizza and Kebabs is successful in its application to the Foundation for equipment expenses.
- Foundation Broken Hill in conjunction with Sureway’s ‘Work for the Dole’ supports Sulphide Street Railway Museum with much needed renovations to the site….Grant $5,000
- FRRR and Foundation Broken Hill commence the Back to School voucher program with $13,250 in $50 vouchers to families in the community
- Additional Back to School vouchers are purchased by the Foundation to meet the demand…60 vouchers for $3,000
- Teleconference held 4 February
- Sponsorship given to ‘Broken Hill Art Exchange for Desert Equinox “Earth Art Prize”…Grant $5,000
- Director Chris Dougherty and Manager Kimberley Fell join the Community Strategic Roundtable as Foundation representatives with other key stakeholders
- Economic Development meeting takes place with RDA Far West, Chamber of Commerce and Council to look into key issues faced by small business in the community
- Teleconference held 1 March
- Teleconference held 22 March
- Totally Addicted to Hair becomes a successful applicant for funding with a new salon fit out.
- Solar Exhibition for Desert Equinox held at Town Hall Façade
- Initial discussions held with RDA Far West EO Michael Williams regarding the need for a dedicated grant writer in Broken
- Board Meeting held 18 April
- New BHCC general manager – James Roncon invited to attend Board Meeting to meet with
- Skillshare subcommittee meets to discuss possible changes to the program
- Foundation Broken Hill puts in tender for Business Connect Program
- Teleconference held 17 May
- Teleconference held 31 May
- Formula Motor Parts seeks funding from the Foundation to amalgamate two long standing businesses.
- Foundation sponsors YMCA Business awards for 2016 with ‘Best New Business’ category…Grant $3,600
- Willyama High School, successful with reaching the 2nd stage of a Robotics competition, request Foundation sponsorship for the team…Grant $1,000
- Foundation Broken Hill commits $40,000 matched by the Energise Enterprise Program to run a Business Mentoring and Development Program…Project will be worth $80,000 in total
- Raw Rural Services – new business start-up application funded.
- Silverland Souvenirs equipment purchase application funded.